Hip боль является одним из наиболее часто встречающихся общих проблем в Соединенных Штатах, и он может вытекать из ряда причин. Эти причины варьируются от дегенерации хряща к повреждению мышц и сломанных костей. Сама тазобедренного сустава является самым большим шаровой шарнир в организме. Она состоит из вертлужной впадины (Гнездо) и бедра(мяч). Лучший способ определить причину вашей боли в бедре и получить точный диагноз, чтобы обратиться к врачу, такой как Доктор. Ахлувалия, который специализируется на лечении тазобедренного сустава.
Чтобы узнать больше о Dr. Ahluwalia or to schedule an appointment, вызов 310.430.1310.
Hip Pain Causes
Because the hip is such an important, weight-bearing joint, it is vulnerable to a variety of diseases and conditions that result in hip pain. Some of the most common issues include:
- Arthritis – This includes osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. These conditions result in inflammation of the joint, which causes the cartilage to breakdown and the bones to rub together causing severe pain and stiffness.
- Бурсит – This refers to swelling and irritation of the bursa, a fluid-filled sac that helps cushion the areas surrounding the hip joint.
- Cancer – Certain types of cancer may cause hip pain. These include bone cancer, leukemia, and advanced cancer that spread to the bone.
- Fractures – Broken bones in the hip are especially common in the elderly. This is because bones weaken and become more likely to break as we age.
- Labral Tear – The labrum is the ring of soft cartilage surrounding the hip joint. Athletes are at an especially high risk for labral tears.
- Muscle or Tendon Injury – Excessive use can cause the muscles and tendons in and around the hip to become swollen and painful, sometimes leading to tendinitis and tears.
- Osteonecrosis – This refers to a condition in which the blood supply to the hip is compromised, causing bone cells to die, leading to collapse of the hip joint and pain.
Hip Pain Treatment
For many patients with hip pain, conservative, non-surgical options will bring relief. These options can include over-the-counter painkillers and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs along with certain types of injections. Your doctor may also prescribe specific medications to target a specific kind of disease process. Other options for alleviating hip pain may include icing the area a few times a day as well as exercise and stretching.
For some people, Однако, hip pain does not respond to conservative treatment. It continues to affect their daily life and make it difficult to participate in certain activities. For these patients, there are a number of options for hip surgery in Beverly Hills. Three of the most common are:
- Эндопротезирование тазобедренного сустава
- Перелом шейки бедра хирургии
- Перелом бедра гемиартропластики
Hip replacement is a procedure done to remove the damaged hip joint and replace it with a prosthesi. There are two main types of hip replacement: traditional hip replacement and minimally invasive hip replacement.
Traditional hip replacement is a procedure in which the surgeon makes a six to twelve inch cut along the thigh. This cut goes through the muscle and tendon in order to offer the surgeon access to the joint. Once inside the hip, the surgeon will remove the joint and replace it with a prosthetic.
Minimally invasive hip replacement surgery is a newer technique that reduces trauma to the surrounding tissue and often improves recovery time. Rather than a single large cut on the thigh, the surgeon enters the hip through two smaller incisions. Special instruments are used to remove the damaged joint and replace it with a prosthesis.
Hip fracture surgery is another common hip procedure. The exact nature of the procedure depends on the location of the fracture in the hip. If the bone is broken in the neck of the femur, the surgeon may use surgical screws to fix the bone and hold it in place. If the fracture occurred below the neck of the femur, the surgeon may use a rod and compression screws to repair the broken bone and fix it in place.
In some instances, hip fractures may also require a hip fracture hemiarthroplasty. Hemiarthroplasty is similar to a hip replacement except that it only replaces half the hip. This procedure is done for hip fractures if the damage to the bone is such that the fracture might not heal properly with a standard hip fracture surgery. В этом случае, the ball portion of the hip joint is removed and replaced with a prosthesis.
Contact the Hip Surgery Expert in Beverly Hills
Do you suffer from hip pain that doesn’t respond to conservative treatment? Does hip pain keep from doing the things you want to do? Доктор. Ahluwalia is a leading orthopedic surgeon in the Los Angeles area. Call today to schedule an appointment or get the answers to any questions you have.