As one of the top orthopaedic surgeons and sports medicine practitioners in the country, Dr. Ahluwalia offers a comprehensive array of the latest and most effective procedures available. This includes the use of minimally invasive arthroscopic techniques whenever possible.
To find out more about Dr. Ahluwalia or the procedures he offers, contact our office today. You can reach us at 310.430.1310 or contact us online.
Dr. Ahluwalia offers a variety of cutting-edge surgeries for the treatment of shoulder pain. Some of the most commonly performed procedures include:
- Rotator Cuff Surgery – an arthroscopic surgery done to repair the thin, strong muscles and tendons that surround the shoulder joint
- Capsular Release – a minimally invasive procedure done to release a frozen shoulder, which occurs when the tissue around the shoulder joint becomes inflamed and and tight and make the shoulder painful and difficult to move
- Labral Repair – an arthroscopic procedure done to repair a tear in the labrum, a rim of protective cartilage in the shoulder
- Total Shoulder Replacement – a surgery done for arthritis that replaces the entire shoulder joint with a prosthesis
- Shoulder Hemiarthroplasty – an orthopaedic surgery performed to treat arthritis that replaces part of a damaged shoulder joint with a prosthesis
- Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement – a special type of shoulder replacement done for patients who have arthritis and also are unable to raise their arm that allows the patient to use the deltoid muscle instead of the torn rotator cuff to raise the arm
- Shoulder Fracture Surgery – a procedure done to repair a broken shoulder bone
Knee pain can stem from a variety of causes, including ligament or bone damage. Yet regardless of the cause, Dr. Ahluwalia uses the latest minimally invasive treatments to repair damage in and around the knee. Common orthopaedic knee surgeries include:
- ACL Reconstruction Surgery – an arthroscopic procedure done to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament
- Meniscus Surgery – an arthroscopic surgery done to repair a torn or damaged meniscus
- Total Knee Replacement – an orthopaedic surgery done for arthritis in which the knee joint is replaced with a prosthesis
- Unicondylar Knee Replacement – a partial knee replacement done when there is disease limited and only part of the knee is replaced
- Femur Fracture Surgery – an orthopaedic surgery done to repair a broken or fractured thigh bone
- Tibia Fracture Surgery – an orthopaedic surgery done to repair a broken or fractured lower leg, or shinbone
- Patella Fracture Surgery – an orthopaedic procedure done to repair a broken or fractured kneecap
Hip pain affects millions of people each year. That’s why Dr. Ahluwalia offers a variety of orthopaedic treatment options to help alleviate it. These options include:
- Hip Replacement – a minimally invasive procedure done to replace a damaged hip joint
- Hip Fracture Surgery – an orthopaedic surgery that repairs a broken or fractured hip bone
- Hip Fracture Hemiarthroplasty – Similar to a total hip replacement, but only replacing half the hip joint. This surgery if often preformed in certain types of hip fractures.
One of the most common procedures performed by any orthopaedic surgeon is ankle fracture fixation, or surgery to fix a broken ankle. Not all ankle fractures are the same. The exact method of treatment depends on the specific injury. Contact Dr. Ahluwalia today if you are suffering from ankle pain.
A number of different types of elbow fractures exist. These include nondisplaced fractures, displaced fractures, greenstick fractures, linear fractures, transverse fractures, and comminuted fractures. Often, Dr. Ahluwalia is able to use a minimally invasive technique called internal fixation to repair these injuries. Also, Dr. Ahluwalia specializes in sports injuries of the elbow such as tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow.
Also called a fracture of the distal radius, broken wrists are the most common fractures in the arm. This is because the distal radius comprises around 80% of the wrist joint surface and bears most of the load from a fall on an outstretched hand. Treatment for a broken wrist depends on the severity and location of each specific fracture.
Best Orthopaedic Surgeon in Los Angeles
Are you suffering from pain due to one of the conditions listed above? Dr. Ahluwalia is one of the country’s leading orthopaedic surgeons and experts at repairing such injuries. Don’t wait any longer to call our office and speak with our expert. You can schedule a consultation right over the phone!
TO SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION